Award in Gamification
The Gamification module introduces learners to the uses and applications of game design elements in numerous non-game contexts. The module will give a clear idea of the game-related concepts such as serious games, simulation games, and game-based learning. The application fields of gamification are elaborated in the module ranging from education, eCommerce, business, finance and banking, and even the Human resource management operations. The best practices of gamified strategies from all the domains are discussed in the module. The module will give the users an idea of how different actors are making use of the game mechanics for their scopes. The social relevance of the gamification concept is also a point of discussion in the module with relevant examples. The learners will be provided with a set of interesting activities which will give them a hands-on experience in the gamification domain.
This module will cover the following 6 topics:
- Understanding the basics of Gamification
- Gamification in eCommerce business
- Gamification trends and simulation games in business
- Gamification in practice
- Gamification in practice cont.
- Gamification social relevance
At the end of the module/unit the learner will have acquired the responsibility and autonomy to:
- Analyze applications of gamification across numerous fields such as marketing, lifestyle, education and enterprises.
- Analyse various strategies of gamification in business organizations and applications of simulation games in business.
- Analyse the building blocks of gamification elements and their various uses in real life cases.
- Analyze the social relevance of gamification and benefits of the gamified applications available in social realm.
Module will consist of the following learning hours:
Contact hours: 10 hours (pre-recorded lectures – 6 hrs, online tutorials – 3 hrs and online forums – 1 hrs)
Self-study: 11 hours (research on notes – 6 hrs and assessment – 5 hrs)
Assessment: 4 hours (finalisation of assessment)
Learning Hours per module: 25 hours
Course Delivery: Part-Time
Language of Instruction: English
- Pre-recorded lecture presentations and the respective slides will be made available to students on the e-learning platform
- Discussions will be carried out via Video Conferencing and will be recorded for other students in the course to view.
- Contact hours will also include contributions in Forum discussions where the tutor will assess the students’ posts and provide his/her own feedback.
- Participating students will be presented with:
Video presentation – 6 hours of audio-visual recording/module. This will include a presenter interviewing an expert in the field of the respective module that is being covered.
Each hour will be split into 4 – 15minutes segments to allow for better access and download.
Reading Material – additional reading materials for students to read and can better understand the topic
FAQs – to assist students with basic questions that are normally asked on the topics
Glossary – to assist students in having the correct information on key subject terms
2 Online tutorial sessions per module
2 online Forum discussions per module
1 short Assignment per module
Tutorial participation 20%
Forum discussions 30%