Award in Working with Apprentices/Volunteers for Social Enterprises
Delivered by Universita’ Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
This module explores the way the social sector may work with Apprentices and/or Volunteers, training and involving them in order to allow them to be satisfied and prepared. During the module, practical methodologies will be introduced and discussed with the participants, either as stand-alone or as group process, using up-to-date technological tools.
Hosting volunteers and apprentices is an important opportunity for social enterprises because allows them to relax two important constraints: the lack of financial resources and the lack of human resources. Furthermore, to increase innovation and finally their network.
The main idea is to promote within the Social enterprises the habit to host regularly and in sufficient numbers of volunteers and to train trainees, to develop a methodology to involved in the best way volunteers and apprentices, to organize a monitoring and evaluation of this activity, to organize the recruitment activity based on hosting volunteers and apprentices and finally to get this opportunity to wider the social enterprises’ network.
1.The importance of hosting Apprentices and Volunteers in general
2. Who are the Apprentices and Volunteers, and which is their perspectives?
3. The importance of hosting Apprentices and Volunteers for the Social Enterprises
4. Selection of Apprentices and Volunteers
5. Managing Apprentices and Volunteers
6. Tools for training apprentices and Volunteers
At the end of the module/unit the learner will have acquired the responsibility and autonomy to:
a) The importance of interns and volunteers
b) To select interns and volunteers
c) To manage interns and volunteers
d) To manage a team composed by staff and interns/volunteers
e) To valorize interns/volunteers
f) To translate interns/volunteers in staff
ECTS Credits : 4
Duration : 3 Weeks
- Assignment / Case-Study – 1 (Contributes towards 60% of the module)
- Forum Discussions – 2 (Contributes towards 20% of the module)
- Tutorial Participation – 2 tutorial sessions (Contributes towards 20% of the module)
50% Marks in aggregate from the course works is required for getting pass in the module.
Registration Link: https://forms.office.com/e/Btvb30TM7q