Award in Content Design and Development
This module presents students with the concepts of content design and development. It focuses on giving students a basic understanding of the various key elements that need to be carefully integrated to develop and deliver a modern user friendly website. It provides the necessary information to enable students to better understand the importance and relevance of digital photography and photo manipulation, videography and audio script writing, the concept of the message as the medium, how to define the audience and the customer journey.
This module will cover the following 6 topics:
1. Digital Photography
2. Videography and Audio
3. Script Writing
4. The Message is the Medium
5. Defining the audience
6. Customer Journey
At the end of the module/unit the learner will have acquired the responsibility and autonomy to:
- Understand the concept of digital photography in relation to eCommerce and analyse the eCommerce photography best practices.
- Analyse a number of insights, which a business could use when writing product descriptions.
- Analyse how a business can map the ecommerce customer journey map.
- Review which outlines the importance of video and how it serves as an important tool in an ecommerce marketing strategy as it is highly interactive to the customers.
Module will consist of the following learning hours:
Contact hours: 10 hours (pre-recorded lectures – 6 hrs, online tutorials – 3 hrs and online forums – 1 hrs)
Self-study: 11 hours (research on notes – 6 hrs and assessment – 5 hrs)
Assessment: 4 hours (finalisation of assessment)
Learning Hours per module: 25 hours
Course Delivery: Part-Time
Language of Instruction: English
- Pre-recorded lecture presentations and the respective slides will be made available to students on the e-learning platform
- Discussions will be carried out via Video Conferencing and will be recorded for other students in the course to view.
- Contact hours will also include contributions in Forum discussions where the tutor will assess the students’ posts and provide his/her own feedback.
- Participating students will be presented with:
Video presentation – 6 hours of audio-visual recording/module. This will include a presenter interviewing an expert in the field of the respective module that is being covered.
Each hour will be split into 4 – 15minutes segments to allow for better access and download.
Reading Material – additional reading materials for students to read and can better understand the topic
FAQs – to assist students with basic questions that are normally asked on the topics
Glossary – to assist students in having the correct information on key subject terms
2 Online tutorial sessions per module
2 online Forum discussions per module
1 short Assignment per module
Tutorial participation 20%
Forum discussions 30%