Award in Promoting your online business
This module focusses on the marketing side of the eCommerce business and provides students with an outline of the key concepts to promote a business online. This module deals with the importance of developing a marketing and digital plans that will be used to guide the business in establishing the correct strategy and identifying the most appropriate goals and objectives. This module also provides greater detail to how a business can drive customer traffic to the eCommerce website, use search engine optimisation, promote through digital marketing and social media, use affiliate marketing and explore the different types of digital media channels.
This module will cover the following 6 topics:.
1. Developing a marketing plan
2. Driving Customer Traffic
3. Search Engine Optimization
4. Digital marketing & social media
5. Affiliate Marketing
6. Digital Media Channels
At the end of the module/unit the learner will have acquired the responsibility and autonomy to:
- Understand the individual components of a detailed marketing plan.
- Analyse the importance of Search Engine Optimization, social media and other digital marketing plans in promotion of eCommerce websites.
- Understand how digital marketing is composed of three main media tools, namely paid, earned and owned media.
- Understand the details of blog marketing and how this can be effectively used to keep engaging with the audience in eCommerce.
- Analyse the wide range of digital media channels available for eCommerce websites.
Module will consist of the following learning hours:
Contact hours: 10 hours (pre-recorded lectures – 6 hrs, online tutorials – 3 hrs and online forums – 1 hrs)
Self-study: 11 hours (research on notes – 6 hrs and assessment – 5 hrs)
Assessment: 4 hours (finalisation of assessment)
Learning Hours per module: 25 hours
Course Delivery: Part-Time
Language of Instruction: English
- Pre-recorded lecture presentations and the respective slides will be made available to students on the e-learning platform
- Discussions will be carried out via Video Conferencing and will be recorded for other students in the course to view.
- Contact hours will also include contributions in Forum discussions where the tutor will assess the students’ posts and provide his/her own feedback.
- Participating students will be presented with:
Video presentation – 6 hours of audio-visual recording/module. This will include a presenter interviewing an expert in the field of the respective module that is being covered.
Each hour will be split into 4 – 15minutes segments to allow for better access and download.
Reading Material – additional reading materials for students to read and can better understand the topic
FAQs – to assist students with basic questions that are normally asked on the topics
Glossary – to assist students in having the correct information on key subject terms
2 Online tutorial sessions per module
2 online Forum discussions per module
1 short Assignment per module
Tutorial participation 20%
Forum discussions 30%