Award in Fundamentals of Campaigning and Marketing
This module identifies the core concepts of modern marketing and the use of marketing techniques and practices in the challenging campaigning process. The module provides a framework for the development of an effective research plan and it’s successful implementation. It provides details on the traditional Marketing Mix and the more sophisticated extended marketing mix used for marketing of services. It addresses the challenges of new digital channels and social media. It concludes with hands-on perspectives to best practices in marketing and campaigning for NGOs.
The 6 sessions included in the module are as follows:
- Basic Principles of Marketing
- Needs Assessment, Research and Data
- Implementing Effective Marketing Research
- Marketing Mix and Marketing/Comm Plan
- Digital Marketing and Social Media
- NGO Perspectives to Campaigning and Marketing
At the end of the module/unit the learner will have acquired the responsibility and autonomy to:
- Collaborate with different sections of the organisation to implement a customer centric approach, where the customer is the beneficiary/beneficiaries of the NGO.
- Monitor the qualitative and quantitative data collection methods for the marketing research.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of marketing information systems.
- Carry out tasks such analysing data, interpreting data and presenting data in primary and secondary research.
- Monitor the application of the marketing mix (price, product, place and promotion), to reflect strategic priorities of the organisation.
- Collaborate with SEO specialist in customizing Search Engine Optimisation within Digital Marketing initiatives of the NGO.
ECTS Credits : 2
Duration : 2 Weeks
- Assignment / Case-Study – 1 (Contributes towards 50% of the module)
- Forum Discussions – 2 (Contributes towards 30% of the module)
- Tutorial Participation – 2 tutorial sessions (Contributes towards 20% of the module)
Participant needs to individually pass in every assessment activity of the modules. Pass marks (50% or above) in all modules is mandatory for the full Award in NGO Management programme.