Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurship
This programme provides the theoretical concepts and frameworks that are particularly relevant to an entrepreneur starting up a new venture or managing a Small or Medium Enterprise (SME) where the multiplicity of management skills is an essential pre-requisite for success.
The involvement of multiple higher educational institutes (MHEIs) from different countries in this project is critical as it immediately provides students with an international perspective to their studies and their perspective of business operations. To a great extent the involvement of MHEIs and the mixed virtual classrooms that will be the result of intakes for the different MHEIs, provides opportunities for students to get first-hand experience of multi-cultural challenges and the need to learn how to work in virtual organisations.
The programme makes wide use of the system integrated video conferencing, enabling multiple students from different countries to meet on-line and discuss and work on projects in interactive video conference rooms. The course-work calls on students to use online project management tools and develop interactive presentations integrating skills and competencies of diverse students groups.
These course elements are all critical to the development of today’s entrepreneur – visionaries who can understand the role of strategy and master its implementation to lead and build teams which add real value to the customer groups they serve.
The course will provide students with the skills that enable them to demonstrate their specialised or multi-disciplinary knowledge of the challenges related to successful entrepreneurship. This includes their ability to reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgements in their roles as entrepreneurs. The programme gives them the skills to perform critical evaluations and analysis with incomplete or limited information to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments. Their experience in research based assignments throughout the coursework will also assist them in producing original research when required to support any of their entrepreneurial initiatives. In addition, the course will help them develop new skills in response to emerging knowledge and techniques facing SMEs in all markets. It will then be up to them to develop and utilise leadership skills and innovation skills to enable them to operate in complex and unpredictable work environments which are so typical of today’s open international markets.
Blended Learning Programmes in Malta for International Students
- Your chance to travel and study in the Mediterranean island of Malta
- Ability to work part-time while studying in Malta
- Acquire a European accredited qualification with a full online programme
- Weekly online tutorials
- Weekly on-site support classes at Advenio eAcademy’s Learning Centre in Valletta
Click here for further information about the Blended Application Process
Click here for further information about the Online Application Process
For enquiries, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd Upper Bachelor’s degree OR
- Pass in a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years work experience which should be in an administrative or managerial position in an SME or organisation in which there has been clear execution of management functions, planning, organising, control and leadership. This would need to be demonstrated through relevant letters of reference and a recruitment interview in which the candidate will be asked about his or her relevant SME experience.
- Proof of Proficiency in the use of the English language, either through an international language course certification, OR
- Proof of attendance in a University where the Tuition language was English, OR Proof of working in an international business for more than 4 years where the language used is English.
Note 1: Special admission criteria
Prospective students over the age of 30 can apply without a degree as long as they provide evidence in a CV and a work reference that they can make up for it through work experience (at least 5 years in an SME organisation or organisation in which there has been clear execution of management functions, planning, organising, control and leadership. This contrasts to employment in public sector organisations in which regrettably many employees are not given the opportunity to put their management skills into practice because of the bureaucratic systems and processes in place).
Level 6 Graduate students, from a business or non-business related field, who are directly involved in business activities will benefit from this programme which is designed to further develop their competences in order to help those already running their own businesses or to prepare those eager to start up new businesses or take on top management roles in SME organisations.
This programme is designed to meet the needs of practitioners, i.e. individuals who are already running their own businesses or are in the process of setting up their own businesses. Entrepreneurs, or managers within SME businesses, will be able to build on their practical knowledge to develop strategic and creative strategic responses with comprehensive, specialised and factual theoretical knowledge to take their business to a new level. The range of foundation subjects and specialist subjects will be expanded over the years, however, the focus in each subject will remain the entrepreneur’s perspective. Students will have the possibility to select 2 out of the 3 Elective modules.
Within the context of the programme, the target group of SMEs are indeed those employing between 10 to 250 employees as these need to build and sustain an organisational framework and require formal structures for growth and development.
Overall Course Objectives:
By the end of the course, students should acquire the following knowledge:
- the comprehensive specialised or multi-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge which forms the basis of original research, which may contribute to social and ethical issues enabling students to critically analyse, contract and compare management theories concerning entrepreneurship and their implementation in the real world of SMEs;
- the capability in using knowledge and skills, to understand market trends adapting to the fast-changing business environment and to manage people and projects efficiently based on critical analysis of the surrounding environments. This calls for a correlation of an organisation’s vision, mission, strategy and core values in the development and implementation of an organisation’s winning strategy – one that adds value to customers in a sustainable manner.
- The ability to communicate with specialist and non-specialist audiences clearly and unambiguously the conclusions and knowledge which may be the outcome of original research, self-study or experience reflecting their critical evaluation how the internal and external environment impact the future of their business.
- The ability to perform critical evaluations and analysis with incomplete or limited information to solve problems in new or unfamiliar contexts, and to produce original research required as a basis for any entrepreneurial initiative.
Hours of Total Learning:
Contact Hours: 488
Self-study hours: 1570
Supervised placement and practice hours: 78
Assessment hours: 114
Total Learning Hours: 2,250
Teaching & learning:
Online – using elearning platform from www.aea.academy
Onsite – Easy School of Languages, 21 St. Ursula Street, Il-Belt Valletta VLT 1230
Language of Instruction: English
Each Module will be assessed as follows:
Quality of contributions provided in Forums (30%)
Quality of contributions provided in tutorials (20%)
Assignments which will be research based (50%)
Students need to get an aggregate of 50% marks from the above to pass a module.
Master’s Degree in Entrepreneurship (90 ECTS) – Fee Online – Eur10,090 (74 weeks part time) & Blended – Eur12,790 (52 weeks full time)
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship (64 ECTS) – Fee Online (48 weeks part time) – Eur8,400 & Blended – Eur10,800 (48 weeks full time)
Arrangements will also be made to host students for individuals course modules of EQF/MQF Level 7 – 8 ECTS (6 weeks duration) :- Online : €1,050 / Blended €1,350
Scholarship Schemes for Maltese residents
Get Qualified Scheme – 70% refund of course fee as a tax rebate
Intake #1: 22/01/2024
Intake #2: 04/03/2024
Intake #3: 15/04/2024
Intake #4: 27/05/2024
Intake #5: 08/07/2024
Intake #6: 26/08/2024
Intake #7: 07/10/2024
Intake #8: 18/11/2024
- Submit the official application, Application Link : https://forms.office.com/r/hFBSsRGPsJ
- Send the support documents
Contact Details: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Programme Leaflet
The programme includes different stages and modules: